The following standard conditions of contract apply to all work carried out by Appleton Deeley Ltd trading as ‘Appletons’ unless specifically amended in writing by Appletons prior to the commencement of work. The ‘client’ is the person, company authority or other body instructing and commissioning Appletons to carry out the work. The contract is between the client and Appletons.
1. Appletons will make every effort to meet the agreed programme for the work, but cannot accept any responsibility for delays or consequential costs incurred by the client as the result of lengthy response times to requests for information from statutory and non-statutory organisations.
2. The contents of any plan, drawing, report, art or graphic work or photograph supplied by Appletons must not be copied, nor altered, in whole or in part without the agreement and written consent of Appletons.
3. Invoices will be rendered monthly on a lump sum or time charge basis unless otherwise agreed.
4. The scale of rates will be reviewed annually, but Appletons reserve the right to amend the scale of rates to an interim date should exceptional circumstances so require.
5. In addition to the time charge costs, invoices will include reimbursable costs and expenses associated with the execution of the work, for example, travel, accommodation, subsistence, printing, reprographics and photocopying, report and plan production/copying costs, computing, data trawl, purchase of relevant documents and OS plan information and any other reasonable expenses. A charge of 3.25% of fees will cover telephone, postal and administrative expenditure, excluding the above.
6. Where Appletons reports and documents include copyright third party material, such as photographs or plans, copyright issues or payments will be the responsibility of the client.
7. VAT will be applied at the standard prevailing rate on all invoices rendered.
8. Payment is due from the date of the invoice unless specifically detailed otherwise.
9. Where payment is not received within 30 days from the date of the invoice, in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 as amended and supplemented by the late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002 and at the company’s discretion, Appletons reserve the right to charge interest after 30 days at a rate of 8% plus the base/reference rate.
10. Material produced by Appletons, including reports, plans, illustrations and other material remain the property of Appletons until paid for in full. Copyright and intellectual property rights remain with the authors unless agreed otherwise. Assignment of material produced by Appletons may be subject to a monetary consideration.